Thursday, December 13, 2007

Reading through the previous blog I realized I had written about my fire fighter applications and should probably follow up on that. So far the process with the District of North Vancouver has brought the numbers down from many (hundreds?) fully qualified applicants...to 78 people at the test...to 47 at the skills and ability day....to 17 interviewees. As one of those 17 people I felt lucky to still have a shot at the job, but realistic about my chances. I believe there is only 1 position available at this time. I feel like my interview this morning went well...but...I have felt that before.

I got the results of my test with Vancouver Fire and Rescue as well today. My studying paid off and I placed 5th out of the 172 people who wrote the exam. Unfortunately this does not help me get the job.....but does mean I will get an interview with the department.

No comments: