Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Finer Points of History in the Making...

...may be lost on a four year old.

As I was getting the kids ready for school this morning, I had the television on the Inauguration events. When the girls complained about how distracted I was (and that the tv was "suuuuuuuuuuuuper booooooooring"), I informed them that it was a special day because Barack Obama was going to be President. I said it in a snooty, now-I-will-teach-you-something voice. Not my favourite version of myself, to be honest. Anyway, I felt I imparted important historical knowledge and then I went to the kitchen to make lunches.

Then, OVERHEARD in the other room:

Finny (in a totally sneery way): "Well, it may be a special day for Ba-Rock Obama, but it sure isn't special for us, is it Molly?"

Man, I can't wait for the teenage years.

No comments: