Sunday, October 5, 2008

Coming home from Point Roberts tonight, we were a bit later than we thought we would be. Eric went to get some exercise and I headed home with the kids. By the time we pulled up in front of home, I had one baby sleeping and two very tired girls. Three needy kids. One weary mother. A common complaint.

We park on a busy street, so I don't really relish leaving kids in the car for any period of time. I dashed Molly to our stairs and unlocked the door. Then back to carry the other two together. I woke up sleeping Lu and cuddled him in front, then around to the other side to piggyback Finny. They actually balance out pretty well...sort of like in elementary school when you used to carry a backpack in front and another in back. No one else did that? Hmm.

Anyway, I was carrying the two in the house when Finny slipped out of her somnolent state.

"Mumma, Lukey has sleep all over him. He smells like sleep. Sleep smells so good." She then inhaled deeply the top of his head slumped over my shoulder. We walked in the door and she sniffed again, "Home smells good, too". And up to bed she went.

The four year old mind is so very good.

No comments: