Sunday, February 6, 2011

With the kids out on a midweek pro-d day and Les working, I decided to take everybody for a skate and lunch at MacDonalds. Just as we were finishing our skate, Patrick Chan joined us on the ice and even sat down to talk to the kids for a shirt while.

Only a day after hearing the term "tiger mom" for the first time, I got to talk to Patrick's mom and meet a real live example of the concept. Within minutes of meeting she was giving me advice on which sports I should put the kids in to have the highest likelihood of them winning scholarships. She was obviously an incredibly supportive mom...but I didn't get the sense that Patrick had a lot of free will in life, even as an adult. I wonder how our kids would respond to this?

The picture at the bottom was at Family Skate Night formthe kids' school where Lukey was pleased to see his friend Alex where almost identical cowboy boots to the ones that he wears pretty much every day right now.

No comments: