Thursday, January 14, 2010

E-Long nights with friendly people

The staff at Peace Arch hospital have been fantastic. I haven't yet come across a nurse that isn't helpful and friendly and seemingly very competent at their job. The only exception to this is the hospice society in charge of putting TVs and phones in patients' rooms. I am still without any service on Day three of my stay. The upside however is lots of time to reflect and get some long overdue reading done.

However the nights can seem pretty long. I never realized how much I moved in my sleep until now when I have been pretty much limited to being on my back with my legs out in a straight line. Sleeping, or more acurately trying to sleep at night can be much more difficult and uncomfortable than I could have imagined. However it is a good thing that I am able to complain of positioning discomfort and not brutal hip pain at this stage of the game, so I will count my blessings.

No comments: