Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Too many sisters




Lucas is forced to tag along with whatever his sisters are doing a lot of the time. Sometimes I feel sorry for him, like when he spents forty percent of his day taxiing the girls to various activities that have nothing whatsoever to do with him.

Sometimes I think he gets away with murder, like when he gets gum just because I don't have the heart to deny him when the girls get it. Molly didn't have a single piece of gum until midway through Grade One.

Sometimes I just shake me head, like when Lukey insists I paint his toenails bright fushia like his sisters'.

And finally, sometimes I just have to laugh, like when he is potty training and after he pees, he rips the most miniscule shred of toilet paper off the roll. I asked him what he was doing and he told me he was wiping, just like his sisters. That little lapse resulted in an immediate mano a mano conversation with his dad. Apparently a guy can have too much of his sisters.

Oh, and in case you were wondering what the picture is of, that was Lukey trying to keep up with paper mask making. He gave up pretty quickly and watched "Handy Manny" through his mask's armhole.



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: