Sunday, September 8, 2019

Day 7

Sunday, Sunday.

Do people read newspapers and drink leisurely coffee on Sundays? Are there walks in the park or bike rides taken? Antique shopping or movie marathons? Huh.

One day, when I grow up, I want to have lazy Sundays.

In the meantime, not so much. We ran tryouts today for all our boys teams for the fall (including Lukey). Eric logged many hours in the gym.

My morning office view...


I spent some time there and some time running around with Finny and Molly tracking down stuff for Finny to take to camp. Like...wait for it...gluten free oatmeal. We got lucky finding that one. We bought enough snacks for Finny to open a corner store at the top of Garibaldi this week. We scored some sweet, cheap hiking boots at Canadian Tire (those puppies aren't broken in, so I see blisters in middle daughter's future). Some wool socks at Mark's WW.

Mum and Dad, being amazing parents, both obviously heard a razor thin tone in my voice and decided it was time to bring back Sunday dinner (hooray for pity that comes with food and love). We had a big spread of Ridge Garden food. We ate on real plates and had actual silverware. We did not eat in a bedroom. It was fancy and fantastic.

I had a thought today, as I crossed the city shopping with the girls. I am having a pity party this week, guest list of 1. But really, who am I kidding? There is so much love in my life. So many moments that are funny because we are in it all together. I am pretty pathetic for whinging about anything.

Plus, tomorrow is Monday. A fresh start.

No comments: